加拿大进出口外贸商务英语会话(上、下)



加拿大外贸

商业英语会话

商业英语Lesson 1: Getting Started 成立公司

Wendy:Let's review our start-up plans. When do you think we will be able to move into our new office?

温蒂:我们再看一遍我们的初步计划。你想什么时候我们可以搬进新的办公室?

Lester:Well, we can move in any time after July first, but moving in and actually getting started are two different things.

莱司特:七月一号之后我们随时可以搬进去,不过搬进去和实际开始工作是两回事。

Wendy:Good point. Anyway, I have our new marketing manager, Helen Parker, helping us get set up.

温蒂:说得好。无论如何,我会要我们新任的市场经理,海伦_派克帮忙我们打点一切。

Lester:What is she doing?

莱司特:她是做什么的?

Wendy:She's overseeing the purchase of equipment and so forth.

温蒂:她监督机器设备的采购等等。

Lester:Does she have a background in that sort of thing?

莱司特:她有那方面的背景吗?

Wendy:As a matter of fact, it turns out she practically ran her last company, from marketing to finance.

温蒂:事实上,她上一个公司从行销到财务,实际上都是她在运作的。

Lester:I'm looking forward to meeting her.

莱司特:我期待认识她。

Wendy:Have you begun to investigate factories? I'm so glad we aren't going to try to run our own factory at first.

温蒂:你开始调查工厂了吗?我很高兴我们没有先试图设立自己的工厂。

Lester:Yes, I've started. And I've found some good people for R and D, too. Then there are the art people designing our logos-

莱司特:是的,开始了。我也替研发部门找了些好人才。然后有一些美术人员设计我们的商标——

Wendy:Oh, no! Millions of details: logos, slogans, letterhead, name cards . . .

温蒂:噢,天哪!有好多的细节:商标,标语,信头,名片……

Lester:You thought setting up a company was going to be easy?

莱司特:你觉得创立一间公司会容易吗?
商业英语Lesson 2: Quality Control 品管

Lester:We're having some quality-control problems, Jim. We need to go to the source to work them out.

莱司特:吉姆,我们有一些品管的问题。我们必须找出问题根源并设法解决。

Jim:What problems are you having, exactly?

吉姆:你们究竟有什么问题?

Lester:The complaint rate for our new product line is very high, almost seven percent.

莱司特:我们新产品的抱怨率非常高,几乎高达百分之七。

Jim:That's high.

吉姆:的确很高。

Lester:Yes. We keep finding problems when testing the boards.

莱司特:没错。我们测试声卡时一直发现问题。

Jim:But your promotional materials claim the boards are the least expensive of their type on the market.

吉姆:可是你们的促销材料要求这种声卡必须是市场上同类型产品中最便宜的。

Lester:The least expensive, but still fully functional. And we think that your factory needs to take measures to improve quality control.

莱司特:是要最便宜,但仍要有完备的功能。我们认为你们工厂需要采取措施来改善品管。

Jim:That will involve additional expenses for us, which we'll have to pass on to you as a rate hike.

吉姆:那意味我们会有额外的开销,而我们会把价格增加部分转嫁到你们身上。

Lester:I'm afraid that's unacceptable. Your contract says that you will deliver a product with a reject rate of less than five percent.

莱司特:恐怕我们无法接受。你们的合约上说你们会以低于百分之五的瑕疵率交货。

Jim:Well, I'll tell you what, Mike. I'll review the contract and talk with management. Then we'll get together and hash this out.

吉姆:嗯,莱斯特我跟你说,我会再看一遍合约,并和管理部门讨论。然后我们会一起讨论解决这个问题。
商业英语Lesson 3: Production Problems 产品问题

Grace:We're going to have a problem meeting the budget for the production of our new sound board.

葛蕾丝:我们拨给新声卡产品的预算会有问题。

Lester:How much of a problem?

莱司特:问题有多严重?

Grace:Well, it seems that we underestimated the costs. According to the factory, it will cost about eight percent more than initially projected.

葛蕾丝:看样子我们似乎低估了成本。根据制造厂商的说法,成本会比原先计划的还高出百分之八。

Lester:Let me see . . .Looking at this, if my calculations are correct, we are about three thousand dollars over budget?

莱司特:我看看……看这状况,假如我算得没错,我们大约比预算多出了三千美金。

Grace:That's right. It's going to cost about three thousand more to complete the first order.

葛蕾丝:是的。大约要多花三千元来完成第一批订单。

Lester:I see...

莱司特:我明白了……

Grace:But if sales go as well as they should, that's still well within our profit margin. Proceeds from sales of the first order will easily cover the cost of the second order.

葛蕾丝:不过假如销售状况有应有的表现,那就仍在我们的获利范围之内。第一批定单的营收将会很容易就抵过第二批定单的成本。

Lester:In other words, you only need a budget increase for the first order.

莱司特:换句话说,你只需要增加第一批定单的预算。

Grace:Exactly. After that, the product should finance itself.

葛蕾丝:完全正确。之后,产品本身就可以获利,不需要再增加预算。

Lester:OK. Well, you know, all major budget decisions must be approved by our CEO and the financial officer.

莱司特:好的,你知道,所有主要的预算决策需要总裁及财政主管的批准。

Grace:Yes, I know. But I thought that if I could get your support first, it might make getting approval easier.

葛蕾丝:是的,我知道。只是我觉得如果我能先取得你的支持可能会比较容易得到批准。

Lester:Well, you've got my support on this. I'll see what I can do to get the top brass to agree.

莱司特:嗯,你已经得到我的支持了。我会看看有什么方法可以让高层主管同意。
商业英语Lesson 4: Advertising 广告

Helen:We want to use the right marketing mix to reach our target market.

海伦:我们想要使用正确的行销媒体来达到市场目标。

Leonard:Certainly. We've done some tactical planning already. We think we've come up with a good plan.

李奥纳德:当然。我们已经完成一些战略计划。我们认为我们已经提出一项不错的计划。

Helen:What media do you plan to use?

海伦:你们准备使用何种媒体?

Leonard:Well, taking into account the image you want to project, we've asked our copywriters to prepare copy for computer magazines and the Internet first.

李奥纳德:考虑到你们想要表现的形象,我们已要求撰写文案的同事准备好计算机杂志稿及网际网络用稿。

Helen:So that way, our advertising dollars would be focused on people we know are computer users.

海伦:这样一来,我们的广告花费就会针对在,如我们所知,计算机使用者身上。

Leonard:Yes. We'll also run billboard and newspaper ads to help create broad brand recognition.

李奥纳德:是的。我们还同时刊登广告看板及报纸广告来帮助创立明显的品牌识别。

Helen:Will there be any direct mail?

海伦:会有任何广告邮件吗?

Leonard:No. That would not be correct for a manufacturer like you. Leave that to the retailers.

李奥纳德:没有。对像你们这样的制造商来说,那并不是正确的作法。把这种方式留给零售商吧。

Helen:Good point. Please prepare a more detailed proposal, and then I'll pitch it to the higher-ups.

海伦:说得没错。请准备一份更详细的提案,然后我会把它推销给高阶主管。

Leonard:Great. We'll get started right away.

李奥纳德:太好了。我们马上准备。
商业英语Lesson 5: Promotional Activities 促销活动

Lester:As you know, the FastTrek 2000 is due for release next month. I think we've finally worked the kinks out.

莱司特:正如你所知,FastTrek 2000 预定在下个月推出。我想我们已经解决了所有琐碎的问题。

Helen:Great. That's vital. Quality is the focus of the ad campaign. The boards must work well if they're going to be the cash cow we want them to be.

海伦:太好了。那很重要。品质是广告活动的焦点。如果要让这些适配卡如我们所要的成为摇钱树的话,就不能出乱子。

Lester:Let's go over our promotion plans again.

莱司特:我们再看一遍我们的促销计划。

Helen:OK. We have six major retailers running demonstrations at most branches. And our exhibition team is already on the road setting up for computer shows.

海伦:我们有六家主要的零售商在大部分的分店做展示。而且我们的展示队伍已经为计算机展在起跑了。

Lester:Good. What about print and radio?

莱司特:很好,那印刷品和广播呢?

Helen:We've taken out full-page ads for two large trade magazines. And more important, our press releases have been well received.

海伦:我们在两家大的商业杂志刊登了全版广告。更重要的是,我们的新闻稿已经全被采纳了。

Lester:Any larger ads?

莱司特:有再大一点的广告吗?

Helen:Yes. We're putting the same full-page ad in the Sunday edition of three major newspapers.

海伦:有的。我们在三大报的星期天版面放了相同的全版广告。

Lester:Sounds perfect.

莱司特:听起来很周全。

Helen:But nothing ever works out as you want it. So I have a number of other tricks up my sleeve, as well.

海伦:不过有时候就是会事与愿违,所以我还有很多其它的妙计。

[ 本帖最后由 bbee 于 2007-12-27 19:22 编辑 ]

评论
商业英语Lesson 6: Inquiring about products 询问产品

Tracy:You seem to be interested in our new J7 cellular telephone. Would you like to know more about it?

崔西:您似乎对我们新型的J7 行动电话很感兴趣。您想知道更多的信息吗?

Harold:Yes, I would. What does this button here do?

哈洛德:是的,我想知道。这里这个按钮是作什么用的?

Tracy:That button is for our call screening function. It allows you to identify the caller before you answer the call.

崔西:那个按钮是来电显示功能。它可以让您在接电话之前先知道是谁来电。

Harold:What else can you tell me about this phone?

哈洛德:这个电话还有什么其它功能吗?

Tracy:This special phone utilizes state-of-the-art technology to bring you several unique functions in addition to the call screening feature.

崔西:这个特殊的电话除了来电显示的特色外,还运用最新科技提供您几项独特的功能。

Harold:So, what are the unique functions?

哈洛德:是什么独特的功能呢?

Tracy:Oh, it's loaded with them. If you are outside of your service area, this cell phone can still receive messages.

崔西:喔,功能有很多。就算你在系统服务区外,这支大哥大还是可以收到讯息。

Harold:No kidding?

哈洛德:真的吗?

Tracy:In addition to that, it has a vibration feature that will let you know when you have a call if you don't want the ringing sound to interrupt important meetings. Here is our brochure with all the details.

崔西:除了这点之外,如果您不想让电话铃声打断重要会议,还有震动功能可以通知你有来电。这是详细的产品简介。

Harold:What is the price of the J7 model?

哈洛德:J7 这一型的价格是多少?

Tracy:The list price is US$110 per unit. We're offering a special in-show discount of 10%.

崔西:标价是每支美金一百一十美元。在展示会场我们会有打九折的特价。

Harold:Well, I'll have to contact my office and get back to you. Thanks.

哈洛德:嗯,我得和公司联络之后再过来找你,谢谢。
商业英语Lesson 7: International Trade 国际贸易

Betty:Hello. Sales Department. This is Betty Fields speaking.

贝蒂:喂,业务部,我是贝蒂_菲尔兹。

Ralph:Hello, Ms Fields. This is Ralph Peterson at World Computers.

拉夫:嗨,菲尔兹女士。我是世界计算机的瑞夫_皮特森。

Betty:Yes, how may I help you?

贝蒂:好的,我能为你效劳吗?

Ralph:I'm interested in a couple of items in your new catalog, and I would like to know the prices.

拉夫:我对你们新目录里的几项产品感兴趣,我想知道它们的定价。

Betty:Great. We're offering a special promotional price on a few of the items. Which items did you have in mind?

贝蒂:好的。我们针对几项产品提供特价。你对哪些产品有兴趣?

Ralph:We're particularly interested in your new RS-five sound card shown on page five of your catalog. I would also like more details about the model RS-four card on page seven.

拉夫:我们特别中意你们目录第五页里的新型RS-5 的声卡。我还想知道更多关于第七页里RS-4 型声卡的细节。

Betty:OK. The price on the RS-five is forty-five U.S. dollars for quantities up to five hundred units. Then we offer quantity discounts for larger orders.

贝蒂:好的。数量有达到五百片的话,RS-5 的价格是四十五美元。大量定购的话我们还有折扣。

Ralph:And the price on the RS-four?

拉夫:那RS-4 的价格呢?

Betty:The RS-four is one of our promotional items this month. For orders received by the end of the month, the price is thirty-three dollars each. That price is good on any size order.

贝蒂:RS-4 是我们本月的促销产品之一,本月底前接到订单的话,单价是三十三美元。不管定单数量多少都是这个价格。

Ralph:That price sounds good. Could you send me more details about the RS-four, including the specifications?

拉夫:这个价格听起来不错。你可以寄给我更详细的RS-4 型的资料和说明书吗?

Betty:Certainly. I can fax or E-mail that information to you this afternoon.

贝蒂:当然。我可以在今天下午把资料传真或寄电子邮件给你。

Ralph:Terrific. I'll get back to you after I've reviewed the details. Thank you. Good-bye.

拉夫:太好了。我看完详细资料后会打电话给你。谢谢你,再见。
商业英语Lesson 8: Placing an order 下定单

Leslie:How are you this afternoon?

莱司利:今天下午过得如何?

Paul:Just fine. I looked over the catalog you gave me this morning, and I'd like to discuss prices on your computer speakers.

保罗:还好。今天早上我已经详细看过你给我的目录了。我想讨论有关你们计算机扬声器的价格。

Leslie:Very good. Here is our price list.

莱司利:好的。这是我们的价目表。

Paul:Let me see . . . I see that your listed price for the K-two-one model is ten U.S. dollars. Do you offer quantity discounts?

保罗:我看看……。你们K-2-1 型的标价是美金十块钱。你们有提供大量订购的折扣吗?

Leslie:We sure do. We give a five percent discount for orders of a hundred or more.

莱司利:当然有。100 或以上的订单我们有百分之五的折扣。

Paul:What kind of discount could you give me if I were to place an order for six hundred units?

保罗:如果我下六百组的订单,你们可以给我什么样的折扣?

Leslie:On an order of six hundred, we can give you a discount of ten percent.

莱司利:订单是六百组的话,我们可以给你百分之十的折扣。

Paul:What about lead time?

保罗:交货时间呢?

Leslie:We could ship your order within ten days of receiving your payment.

莱司利:在收到货款的十天内,我们就可以把货送出去。

Paul:So, you require payment in advance of shipment?

保罗:所以,你们在送货前要先收货款?

Leslie:Yes. You could wire transfer the payment into our bank account or open a letter of credit in our favor.

莱司利:是的。你可以汇款到我们的银行帐户,或是开一个以我们公司为抬头的信用状。

Paul:I'd like to go ahead and place an order for six hundred units.

保罗:那我想就先下六百组的订单。

Leslie:Great! I'll just fill out the purchase order and have you sign it.

莱司利:太棒了!我马上写订购单并请你签名。
商业英语Lesson 9: International Trade -Insurance 国际贸易-保险

Helen:I'm calling to discuss the level of insurance coverage you've requested for your order.

海伦:我打电话来是想讨论你所要求的订单保险额的级别。

Henry:I believe that we have requested an amount twenty-five percent above the invoice value?

亨利:我想我们要求的是高于发票价值百分之二十五的保险金额。

Helen:Yes, that's right. We have no problem in complying with your request, but we think that the amount is a bit excessive.

海伦:是的,没错。我们可以答应这个要求,但是我们觉得金额有点太高。

Henry:We've had a lot of trouble in the past with damaged goods.

亨利:我们过去有太多货物毁损的困扰。

Helen:I can understand your concern. However, the normal coverage for goods of this type is to insure them for the total invoice amount plus ten percent.

海伦:我能了解你的考虑。然而,一般这类产品的保险额度是发票总额再加百分之十。

Henry:We would feel more comfortable with the additional protection.

亨利:有额外的保障会让我们觉得安全些。

Helen:Unfortunately, if you want to increase the coverage, we will have to charge you extra for the additional cost.

海伦:很遗憾,如果你们想增加保险额的话,我们就得向你们收取额外的费用。

Henry:But the insurance was supposed to be included in the quotation.

亨利:但是保险应该包含在报价里了。

Helen:Yes, but we quoted you normal coverage at regular rates.

海伦:是的,但是我们向你们报的价是一般比例下的正常保险额。

Henry:I see.

亨利:我了解。

Helen:We can, however, arrange the extra coverage. But I suggest you contact your insurance agent there and compare rates.

海伦:不过超出的保险额我们可以再商量。但是我建议你和你们那边的保险代理商联络并比较一下价格。

Henry:You're right. It might be cheaper on this end.

亨利:你说得没错,在这边可能会比较便宜。

Helen:Fax me whatever rates you find there and I'll compare them with what we can offer.

海伦:不论你那里找到的是那一种价格都传真给我,我会和我们可以提供的价格来做比较。
商业英语Lesson 10: International Trade-Shipping 国际贸易-运输

Helen:Hello, I’m calling from San Francisco for Kevin Lee.

海伦:哈啰,我从旧金山打来找李凯文。

Kevin:This is Kevin Lee speaking.

凯文:我是李凯文。

Helen:Hi. This is Helen Parker calling.

海伦:嗨。我是海伦_派克。

Kevin:Good morning, Helen. What can I do for you?

凯文:早安, 海伦。有什么我能效劳的吗?

Helen:I'm calling to find out how you would like your order of speakers, by air or by sea?

海伦:我想请教你要如何运送你下单的扬声器,空运还是海运?

Kevin:We need part of that order by next week, so we would like to do a partial air shipment.

凯文:我们下个星期就要一部分的订货,所以我们有部份想用空运。

Helen:How much of it do you want shipped by air?

海伦:您想要空运多少数量呢?

Kevin:We'd like to ship half the order by air and the rest by sea.

凯文:一半用空运,剩下的一半用海运。

Helen:OK. Do you want us to use our freight forwarding agent?

海伦:好的。你要用我们公司的货运代理商吗?

Kevin:Actually, we've got a freight forwarder over there-China Consolidated. I'll fax you their contact

information.

凯文:事实上,我们这边自己有货运公司--中国联合公司。我会把他们的联络资料传真给你。

Helen:All right. We can deliver that half to your agent tomorrow morning.

海伦:好的。我们明早可以出一半的货给你们的代理商。

Kevin:That would be great.

凯文:那样很好。

Helen:I'm not sure what the shipping schedule will be for the sea freight.

海伦:我不确定海运的时间表。

Kevin:No hurry. We're not in a big rush for the second half of the order.

凯文:不急。另一半的订单我们不是很急。

Helen:All right. I'll let you know the shipping details later and I'll send you the shipping documents by DHL as

soon as I get them.

海伦:好的。我稍后再通知你送货细节,我一拿到出货文件就马上用DHL 快递给你。

Kevin:Very good. We'll be expecting to hear from you. And thanks for calling.

凯文:很好。我们等你的消息。谢谢你的来电。

评论
收藏了,谢谢...........

评论
又是我占第一个位置...........

评论
收藏,谢谢LZ。。。

评论
这才是我们需要的

thanks, myname117
加拿大电商露天电影首发——葡中双语字幕《中央车站》 http://bbs.shanghai.com/thread-1714999-1-1.html screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window\nCTRL+Mouse wheel to zoo 加拿大电商做区块链为什么都注册新加坡基金会 目前做区块链项目的客户都会通过注册基金会来作为项目的主体,为什么都在新加坡注册基金会,首先性价比高,而且新加坡市场也比较成熟,项目
  ·中文新闻 迈尔圣诞活动被取消后,尽管越来越多的人呼吁在维多利亚州建
·中文新闻 昆士兰州警官据称在班达伯格肇事逃逸中被偷来的汽车撞倒,青

加拿大进出口外贸

加拿大电商关于免抵退问题

加拿大贸易当月销项-进项=-6万元,当月FOB总价*退税税率为10万元,那么当月可退税是6万元,免抵4万元 请问:这免抵的4万是不是要留到下期再进行抵扣????? 评论 这个问题问财务了。 评论 ...

加拿大进出口外贸

加拿大电商EN10204-3.1 材质报告

加拿大贸易路过的前辈们有没有知道EN10204-3.1证书的? 我的客户现在要求材质报告上要注明EN10204-3.1字样,但是原厂的材质报告几乎没有这个字样。国内的大厂,基本上通过了各种认证,是不是他们 ...

加拿大进出口外贸

加拿大电商外贸小白趟过的雷

加拿大贸易本人4个月换了3份工作,现在这份工作月底又要换工作了。我就说说我都遇到过哪些坑和哪些坑人的公司。 算算,去年毕业到现在有一年了。大学毕业就跑市场,自己创业,结果被现实 ...

加拿大进出口外贸

加拿大电商订舱订不到怎么办

加拿大贸易刚接触公司的地板产品,前辈却告诉我,目前最大的问题是除非是大公司订购,否则高昂的运费白搭。今天带我的前辈给我算了一下运费,都一万八了都。而且说订舱也订不到。那我来 ...